Thursday, May 21, 2009

Take A Little Walk with Jesus


Foundation scripture
:
"Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence."
Ephesians 3:12 (NLT)


This morning I took my morning walk, with my wife. We often do this as a means of just being together. Sometimes we talk each others heads off! Other times we're both wearing ear buds, each enjoying our own music selections. But, nonetheless, we are together. I like that.

Today I selected a set of songs on my iPod shuffle, as we began our walk. These were a set of worship songs, songs that take me to the throne room! As we walked along, a gentle breeze was blowing. The walk was peaceful.

As the music played I began to picture Heaven, and all that it has to offer. As I became more engrossed in this vision of Heaven, I found that as I was considering Heaven, I was comparing it to Earth. As I continued in thought, things that are "here" began to seem less important ... less of an "issue".

I began to picture Jesus, and how he views things from Heaven. I began to see myself walking with him, and talking. Things that are so important, and such a big deal ... here, just didn't seem to matter anymore.

As I continued to walk with the Master, a peace began to come over me. I didn't have all of the answers. I didn't know where my next paycheck was coming from. I didn't know if I was going to get the job I'd just applied for. I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to avoid foreclosure on our home. But, somehow, a walk with the Master ... just seemed to make me realize something. Is it all really that important? Is it really that big of a deal?

When you find yourself overwhelmed by the cares of this world, and the things that are making demands upon you, and placing pressures upon you, do yourself a favor. Set it all aside. Drop it off on the ledge at the base of the throne of God, as you waltz in (because you've been invited!) Come on it, to talk, and take a little walk with Jesus.







Scripture references
Isaiah 1:17-18; 55:7; 55:8-9; 55:10-11; Hebrews 4:16; and
Ephesians 3:12


Written by Richard A. Allcorn
© Copyright 2009 - All rights reserved.

For additional information, please consult the following websites:
Ministry websites - http://www.richallcorn.org and http://www.sotmi.org
Additional posted writings can be found here - http://www.richallcorn.com/writer